Wheat Starch, Organic
Wheat starch can be used in place of corn starch to thicken gravies, sauces, soups, pie fillings and glazes.
INGREDIENTS: Organic Wheat Starch.
Servings Size: 1 Tbsp (10 g)
Servings Per Container: About 63 (27 oz. size)
Nutrient Amount % DV
Total Fat 0 g 0%
Sodium 10 mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 11 g 4%
Protein 0 g
Not a significant source of fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, dietary fiber, sugars, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium and iron.
- Basic instructions: If substituting wheat starch for flour use half the amount called for. Gradually stir cold liquids into wheat starch until smooth. Stir gently over medium heat to thicken. Boil mixture one minute. Do not overcook.
- Store in a cool, dry place. Minimum shelf life of 12 months when properly stored.
- Azure Farm is located in the foothills east of Mt. Hood with a fantastic view of the Cascades and farm land in the valleys below. This is wheat growing country where dry-land farming produces an abundance of soft white wheat and other grains. But what makes our farm different from most other wheat farms is our growing practices. We’ve been growing organically for over 25 years, and are attempting to go beyond basic “organic” (which only ensures which harmful things have not been used). We try to keep up with organic soil amendments that will actually improve our soil, and consequently improve the food itself.
- Any items with the Azure Farm label which are not grown on Azure Farm, are from farms which we know have been growing organically for many years, doing whatever they can to ensure healthy soil, so the food on your table is also healthy.
- Why go organic? Organic foods are grown without synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, or herbicides. Organic foods are not genetically modified. Organic foods are grown in soil that is nurtured, not treated... which means top soil, groundwater, rivers, lakes, streams, watersheds, fish & wildlife, and people are not compromised. Healthy food grows in healthy soil. You can often taste the organic difference!