Rice, Sweet, Brown, Organic
On cooking, the grains cling together because of the sticky texture. This rice is ideal for use in Asian recipes and rice puddings. Lundberg Brown Sweet Rice is not processed and has only the husk removed to ensure full flavor and purity.
"Purity You Can Taste:" Lundberg Family Farms has been growing healthy, high quality, great tasting rice in Northern California since 1937. Our rice is grown using organic farming methods from prior generations and innovations from today. Our highest priorities include improving the soil while protecting the air, water, and wildlife.
- Rice straw is returned to the soil after harvest (instead of burning) to enrich the soil and protect the air and the environment.
- We use only approved organic inputs to grow organic rice.
- Our crop rotation practices include utilizing nitrogen-fixing crops for soil enrichment.
- Lundberg Family Farms does not grow genetically engineered rice varieties.
- The fields provide valuable habitat for a variety of animals. Migrating waterfowl inhabit flooded fields during the winter - they provide natural fertilizer and aid straw decomposition.
- We practice water-conserving irrigation.
- We purchase green power for our handling and processing facilities.
We care for our rice from planting to packaging to ensure you always receive the highest quality rice. We hope you enjoy all of our rice products. ~ Eldon, Wendell, Harlan and Homer Lundberg.
INGREDIENTS: Organic Brown Sweet Rice
Serving Size: ¼ cup (51 g)
Nutrient Amount %DV
Calories from Fat 10
Total Fat 1 g 2%
Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 0 mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 40 g 13%
Dietary Fiber 2 g 8%
Sugars 0 g
Other Carbohydrates 38 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Stove-top Cooking Instructions:
- Combine 1 cup rice, 2 cups water, and 1 tbsp butter in a pot with a tight-fitting lid. Bring to a boil. Stir once. Cover with lid. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 50 minutes. Remove from heat, let stand in covered pot for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork, salt to taste (optional).
- (To prepare in rice cooker, use same water-rice ratios).
- Gluten Free.
- Kosher K.