Rice, Basmati, Brown
California Brown Basmati, Aromatic Long Grain Rice. Eco-Farmed. Gluten Free. "Always in Balance with Nature."
Lundberg Family Farms proudly presents the California Brown Basmati Rice. Our Basmati rice originates from India's Basmati seed. Prized for its aromatic qualities, this unique rice fills your home with the fragrance of popping corn while it cooks. This delightful popcorn fragrance and flavor is natural to this aromatic rice. Nothing was added to this rice and no special steps are needed to achieve this special aroma and flavor. It looks and cooks just like other long grain rices. Lundberg California Brown Basmati is one of the most flavorful rices you'll ever taste.
"Always in Balance with Nature:" Lundberg Family Farms has been growing healthy, high quality, great tasting rice in Northern California since 1937. Our Eco-Farmed rice is grown using a combination of eco-positive farming methods from prior generations and innovation from today. Our highest priorities include improving the soil while protecting the air, water, and wildlife.
- We return rice straw to the soil after harvest (instead of burning) to enrich the soil and protect the air and the environment.
- Eco-Farmed rice is grown with limited chemicals, allowing rice to compete with weeds and pests.
- We practice crop rotation, utilizing nitrogen-fixing crops for soil enrichment.
- We provide valuable habitat for a variety of animals. For example, migrating waterfowl rest in flooded fields during the winter and in return they help to decompose straw and improve soil fertility.
- We practice water-conserving irrigation.
- Lundberg Family Farms does not grow genetically engineered rice varieties.
- We use only natural pest control systems in our handling and processing facilities.
- We purchase green power for our handling and processing facilities.
We care for our rice from planting to packaging to ensure you always receive the highest quality rice. We hope you enjoy all of our rice products. ~ Eldon, Wendell, Homer and Harlan
INGREDIENTS: Eco-Farmed California Brown Basmati Rice.
Serving Size: 1/4 cup, dry (49 g)
Nutrient Amount %DV
Calories from Fat 15
Total Fat 2 g 3%
Saturated Fat 0 g 0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 0 mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 38 g 13%
Dietary Fiber 2 g 9%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 4 g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Stove-top Cooking Instructions:
Servings (about 3/4 cup cooked rice) 2-3 4-6 8-10
Rice (dry) 1/2 cup 1 cup 2 cups
Water or broth 1 cup 2 cups 4 cups
Butter, oil, or margarine 1 1/2 tsp. 1 Tbs. 2 Tbs.
- 1. Combine rice, water, and butter (optional) in a pot with a tight-fitting lid.
- 2. Bring to a boil. Stir once. Cover with lid. Reduce heat to simmer and cook 50 minutes.
- 3. Remove from heat, let stand in covered pot for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork, salt to taste (optional).
- (To prepare in rice cooker use same water-rice ratios.)
- We recommend refrigeration for extended shelf life.
- Gluten Free.
- Kosher K.